TABLE BOOKINGS FOR 2019 ARE NOW CLOSED!!
Sorry...We have run out of space, and tables, and chairs but you can still register as a beggar!
Sunday 1 September 2019
Boundary Street (Between Vulture and Russell Street)
Join in with the Kurilpa community for dinner in the street after this year's Kurilpa Derby to share a meal with friends, neighbours, family, and new friends. The Beggars' Banquet has been running since 2015 and is an entirely volunteer-organised and run event. It is the ultimate community potluck and always excellent fun.
How it works:
Set up a dinner table with your neighbours or friends (complete with your most decorative dinner party accoutrements), bring a home-cooked dish, and leave some spare places at the table to welcome 'beggars' (new friends).
HOSTS BOOKINGS NOW CLOSED
Register to host a table catering for 6 to 10 diners by completing our registration form.
(Remember to leave some spare spaces to welcome Beggars to dine with you!)
Nominate to be linked up with someone's table by completing our registration form
Schedule for the evening:
5pm - 6pm: Set-up
6pm - 8pm: Dining and dinner music
8pm- 9pm: Dancing in the street
9pm - 10pm: Pack-down
WECA will provide:
- Tables and Chairs
HOSTS are responsible for their table, including
- Cooking and bringing dinner.
- Providing a table cloth and place settings (including cutlery etc). Please remember to provide for Beggars also!
- Welcoming friends, strangers, and beggars to join you.
- Minimising waste. Please avoid single-use, disposable items.
- Cleaning up and removing leftovers and rubbish.Sounds demanding? Don't worry, we have volunteers to help on the night.We strongly encourage everyone to actively participate in and contribute to creating this event.
Can you help make this event happen?
If you would like to get involved as a member of the support crew or if you are a performer or artist who would like to participate in the event, post a message on our Facebook page, or contact Kristen: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also find the Facebook event page here.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN UNLICENSED EVENT.
Anything other than food that looks like it contains alcohol will be confiscated and returned to its former owner at the end of the evening.